The US surgeon general said that this week is going to be like pearl/Harbour or 911. Several states are expected to brace the Coronavirus peak.
Why is it?
If you are infected with COVID-19. It can take 2 weeks to get symptoms or to get sick. Most states started social distancing 2 weeks ago and we are going to see the consequences of this late response this week.
How the Virus Spreads?
The virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing.
According to doctor Fauci, 25-50% of people don’t know they are infected because they show no symptoms. This means that virus can spread between people in close proximity even if they are not exhibiting symptoms.
Those who eventually develop symptoms can transmit the virus before showing any symptoms.
Spread from Contaminated surfaces or objects
It might be possible that you can be infected with the virus by touching the contaminated surface or objects and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes. To avoid this, frequently handwash with alcohol-based soap, disinfect the frequently touched surfaces, sanitize your packets before you bring them inside the house.
COVID 19 Survival Tips and Tricks
1. PRACTISE SOCIAL DISTANCING
It’s SERIOUS guys. Please DO NOT GO OUT unless it’s an emergency.
- Maintain 6 feet distance between yourself and others when you are in public.
- Order groceries and other necessities online for delivery or pickup (if it’s urgent).
- Avoid the delivery person. If the option is available, choose a “no contact” delivery.
- Sanitize your packets! I leave all my non-perishable parcels outside for at least 72 hrs. There is no proper scientific evidence on how long you should leave the package out by the CDC or WHO. A study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that the virus was detectable on plastic and stainless steel for up to 72 hours, and on cardboard for up to 24 hours. I sanitize the packet and the contents inside it using a disinfectant spray before I bring it inside the house. If you have disposable gloves, definitely wear them or you can wrap a plastic bag around your hands while sanitizing the parcel and dispose of the plastic bag later.
- I wash all produce using warm water and salt before I refrigerate them. I use this vegetable cleaning brush to scrub each veggie.
- Read this article by CDC on how to disinfect households.
2. WASH YOUR HANDS
Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 secs especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Don’t touch your face without washing your hands first.
3. WEAR A CLOTH MASK
CDC has recommended wearing a cloth mask when you are in public to reduce the spread of the virus. Use any cloth, ex- a bandana or a handkerchief to cover your face.
Do not use surgical masks or N-95 respirators. They are critical supplies for healthcare professionals and there is a national shortage on this.
4. CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE. THINK ABOVE “ME” and “MY NEEDS”
This is not the time to be Selfish. By staying indoor you are protecting yourself and others.
Please do not use social media as a medium to vent your petty problems. Spread awareness, hope, and positivity. Remember health care professionals and the frontline workers are putting your family before their own. Our problems are nothing before theirs.
Last but not least, change your perspective.
We are not stuck inside, we are safe inside
Work from home is not a pain it’s a privilege!
Do you have any Covid 19 Survival Tips and Tricks? Let me know in a comment below!