Layering is a creative way to add warmth to any Fall or Winter outfit. With the right layers, you can either dress up or down any outfit. I love layering for the fact that you can pull away attention from your problem areas and look effortlessly stylish.
Few tips to smart layering
- For a structured and fitted layered look, either choose a fitted under layer (tee or tank) or a structured outer layer like a blazer or structured coat.
- Play with textures and colors- Layering is a fun way to play with textures and colors. If you are into colors, go for a vibrant second layer like a printed or colorful sweater or cardigan.
- Vary the lengths of your layers- Avoid layers of the same height as it will make you look bulky. Choose a short layer over a long layer or vice versa like I did in this outfit by choosing sherpa vest (long layer) over a denim jacket (short layer).
- Go beyond 2 layers- 3 or more layers has a more complete and fuller look compare to 2 layers.
Some 3 or more layer Ideas
- Fitted Tee + Flannel Shirt + Fur or textured vest + scarf
- Flare Dress + Moto or suede jacket + Colorful tights + Circle scarf
- Fitted tank + Denim jacket + Long knit cardigan + Scarf
- Knit Sweater + Blazer + Circle Scarf
- Button down Shirt + Turtleneck sweater + Trenchcoat
Details: T-shirt dress (40 % off use code YAY) | Denim Jacket (Under $50) | Sherpa Vest (last seen here and here) | Suede booties (under $30) | Socks | Bag (last seen here) | Sunglasses
Shop The Post
T-shirt dress (40 % off use code YAY) | Denim Jacket (Under $50) | Sherpa Vest (last seen here and here) | Suede booties (under $30) | Socks | Bag (last seen here) | Sunglasses
Fall Layers Under $50