Wearing: Bow Sweater | Boden Sequin Skirt (Wearing 4) | Steve Madden pumps (last seen here; similar here, here and here) | Earrings | Nu Evolution lipstick in Nolita (the best natural red lipstick)
Gold Sequin Skirt:
A little bit of sequins is a must to add some festive flair to your holiday outfit. I have always been a huge fan of sequin ever since I can remember but I am really really picky when choosing one as sequins can easily look gaudy or sleazy. And finding a sequin skirt that is not short was next to impossible for me until I found this skirt from Boden.
Lifestyle Blogger Surekha of Dreaming Loud Wearing Boden Drapey Gold Sequin Skirt
Boden is my favorite store to shop during Winter, they seriously have the best Holiday collection always. Last year, I bought this Mary Jane pumps that are still my favorite shoes in my closet. I am totally digging this gold jacquard skirt, velvet top, Shearling Boots and want this corduroy skirt in every color (worn here).
If you are someone who thinks sequins are tacky and not for you. You should totally reconsider it since sequin can look very elegant when worn properly.
Here are some tips on how to wear sequins
- Don’t over do with your jewelry, keep them simple. A sleek purse or minimal jewelry is all you need. In this outfit I opted for pearl drops since I wanted the outfit to look more polished and elegant
- Stick to only one sequin piece per outfit. This is totally personal preference, I like overdoing things when I am confident I can carry them.
- Play with colors. Adding a pop of color through your shoes or accessories is an easy way to glam up your holiday outfit or wear a sequin bottom with colorful top.
- Easiest way to add some sparkle to your outfit is threw shoes. Invest on a good pair of sparkly shoes that you can wear for the years to come.
- Balance your sequins pieces with your wardrobe staples like jeans, t-shirt, sweater or blazer.
Favorite Sequin Pieces For the Holidays
More Holiday Favorites HERE
Others Ways to wear the Gold Sequin Skirt
- With this green sweater + green blazer
- With Burgundy velvet tank + Black Blazer
- With Red Blouse + Otk Boots
- With White Cami + Plaid Blazer + Red heels
- With Chambray shirt + Booties
Shop The Post
Bow Sweater | Boden Sequin Skirt | Steve Madden pumps (last seen here; similar here, here and here) | Earrings | Nu Evolution lipstick in Nolita (the best natural red lipstick)