These Homemade Chicken Nuggets are flavorful, yummy, and crispy! As you guys know, I am a vegetarian and have not personally tasted these. Rajesh makes these for V, and he devours them. I was hesitant to share the recipe since I never shared any recipe that is not vegetarian in this space, but last night, when I posted a video of Rajesh making them in my IG stories, my DM’s were flooded asking for the recipe. I wrote the post last night to not keep you guys hanging.
Rajesh makes this slightly different compared to the traditional recipe. He added veggies like potatoes, onions, and coriander powder to enhance the flavor. He makes a big batch, and we freeze it. This pairs well with the Broccoli cheddar pasta; add the needed protein to the meal.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe
How to Store the Chicken Nuggets
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven or the microwave.
How to Freeze the Chicken Nuggets
To freeze these homemade chicken nuggets, let them cool completely, then evenly space them out on a baking tray lined with parchment/wax paper (or a silicone baking mat) and flash-freeze them until they are hardened.
Once they are frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Reheat in the oven or the microwave.
Toddler Snacks- Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 1 medium size onion
- 3 small potatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chilies (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Blend uncooked chicken, onion, potatoes, ginger, and green chilies to paste in a blender or food processor
- Mix turmeric, salt, coriander powder, and pepper into the mixture
- With wet hands, flatten the mixture into small nugget patties. Roll the nugget into bread crumbs, pressing gently for crumbs to adhere
- Deep Fry- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the nugget patties to the pan (work in batches if needed) and brown on each side, about 7-8 minutes total. Use a spatula to transfer the chicken nuggets to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Bake- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease the baking sheet with cooking spray, space the nuggets evenly on them, and bake them at 375˚F for 12-15 min on the middle rack, flipping them over halfway through baking
Like this? checkout my other Toddler-friendly Posts
- One-pot Broccoli Cheddar Pasta
- Daycare Essentials
- Toddler Summer Essentials
- Toddler Summer Outfit Ideas
- Vihaan’s first birthday Celebrations
- Jungle theme Cake Smash