Shirt-meet-dress! A versatile timeless piece that is a great wardrobe update from regular flare and skater dresses. It’s Simple to throw on for lazy days, but can be easily suited up for formal occasions. Audrey Hepburn wore them all the time, looking elegant and chic effortlessly. You can totally get more creative with this one, by stacking feminine jewelry or by going simple with a waist belt and Oxford’s. With proper layering, you could wear them for the colder months as well.
Need some inspiration on how to style a Shirt dress. Keep reading..
How to Wear a Shirt Dress: 8 Stylish Ways
1) Simple and Dainty: Go simple and feminine by picking a soft color or feminine print and pair it with neutral or pastel colors like pink, beige, white and look incredibly cute 🙂
Get the Look: River island Stripe shirt dress / Dorothy Perkins floral dress (India) , Top shop lace up flats, Kate spade cedar street mini maise
2) Layer it, the badass way: Style your shirt dress with a leather jacket and sneakers or booties and rock the grunge look.
Get the Look: new look olive shirt dress (India) / Forever21 Chambray dress , Nike 5.0 , Marc by marc jacobs bag, Nasty gal Leather jacket
3) Wear it like a shirt: Did I not tell you, you can play creative with this one. Style your maxi shirt dress by wearing it as a shirt over a basic tee with sandals or heels, add a bohemian vibe with a hat and a fringe bag.
Get the Look: Missa more Plaid maxi shirt (India) / Asos Yellow maxi dress (want this!), tote , open toe heels / Dorothy Perkins heels (India)
4) Belt it up: Wearing a shirt dress with a belt is one of those looks in the fashion rule book , which everyone loves to follow, how could we miss it. Cinching the waist suits well for curvy ladies and also when you are sizing up. Play it fun by adding some color belt
Get the Look: Oldnavy Shirt dress / Topshop white Shirtdress / Alia bhatt for jabong white shirt dress, Colorful belt
5) Add some layers: They are countless number of ways to layer this simple piece. Depending on who cold the weather is, you could layer them with scarf /sweater/ legging/ Jacket or all together for the snow days 🙂
Get the Look: F21 shirt dress / One Clothing Shirt dress , Jcrew Sweater , white converse
6) Wear it over jeans: Finding a shirt dress that isn’t too small is next to impossible for tall girls, unless you want to size up. If you are not a fan of breezy fits, you could totally style them over a distressed or a regular skinny jeans with heels.
Get the Look: Free people shirt dress / Missa More rench Shirt dress (India), distressed black jean, Mules
7) Glam it: From wedding to a date, You could absolutely stand out from the crowd with one of these. Pick a bright color or bold print shirt dress and finish the look with statement accessories and killer heels.
Get the Look: Anthro shirt dress / AND Mustard shirt dress (India), Statement necklace, Metallic silver pumps
8) Work Appropriate: Pick a neutral color or check print shirt dress and pair it with a blazer or thin belt for work and finish the look with pumps and simple Jewelry.
Get the Look: Loft Shirt dress / Ann taylor shirt dress, Boyfriend blazer, Dune oxfords
One shirt dress, 4 different ways- Ever since I got this wayf shirt dress, I can’t stop thinking on different ways I can wear it. It’s a perfect olive color that will go great with all neutral colors and prints. A perfect summer/fall dress.
Wearing- wayf shirt dress, Reversible leather tote (love this , $48), Bp boots (from Nsale),
Dolce vita suede tall boots (similar / similar), shein leather jacket , BP scarf (similar), Mk wedges
Shop this How to Wear a Shirt Dress post
From Indian Sites
AND Mustard shirt dress ( 850Rs)
Dorothy Perkins floral shirt dress (40% off)
Missa more maxi plaid shirt dress
Missa Trench Shirt dress (so perfect)
Alia bhatt for Jabong white shirt dress ( 40% off, love this one piece)
New look Olive shirt dress (similar to the one I wore)