Wearing: Books brother Skirt (wearing Size 4; on Sale; Last seen here) | Sweater (wearing PXS) | Sequin Pumps | Bow Belt (last seen here) | Kate Spade Bag (Similar here; last seen here) | similar Necklace
2017! What an awful and incredible year at the sametime! It had times when I was incredibly overjoyed and also had times when I had no idea how to get through certain things but I made it! and made it out alive! (well, nearly – this bout of cold and fever has me literally hobbling to the finish line).
I feel incredibly lucky for all the support I have in my life from my parents and friends and the things I get to experience. The most important things I hold close to my heart in gratitude are not tangible. I value the feelings I experience more than the physical objects. The feeling of the Friday evening when the weekend is ahead, the hot water showers I wait for after the workout.
Little things, tiny moments, and small pleasures are what I live for in life.
I am working on writing 3 things I am grateful for every day starting from next week. In the spirit of that, I want to sit back and reflect on all things I am thankful for in 2017. Hope you enjoy this little tidbit from my life
1.My Niece and Nephew– I was blessed with a nephew in October (yay¡ for being an aunt before getting married, I love it). Although I don’t get to see them every day, their videos and pictures make any dull moment bright. I am blessed to an aunt to the amazing little souls.
2. My Plants– The best thing I have done in 2017 is to take up gardening. It makes me incredibly happy whenever I see them grow and also broke my heart when my outdoor plants died in Winter. If you want to start gardening and don’t live in a warm place, I suggest gardening indoor plants like air fresheners, succulents, and cactus. First, they don’t die easily so you don’t have to worry about having a green thumb, second they are easy maintenance, you don’t have to water them every single day.
3. My “you will never be ready, do it anyway” attitude– 99% of things I did this year were before I was ready for them. I believe you are never ready for things but you will be eventually once you are into it. Going with the flow has mostly worked out for me
4. My Roommates– I am forever grateful to the wonderful friends I have in my life. Living far away from parents, they are ones I rely on in thick and hin. Here you go, girls, I said it, now I don’t have to do any chores for a week.
5. Apple Watch– Technology is a bliss most of the time. I love my Apple watch for helping me keep track of the calories I burn every day and most importantly it helps me find my phone (I wish It can also find my house keys and wallet)
6. Chia Pudding– All thanks to my friend Lakki for making me Chia pudding every morning. Now, I am addicted to it and wake up every morning craving for it. It’s not every day that I enjoy healthy food so pardon me if I am going to talk about it a lot. Chia pudding, I love you!
7. A Job I like– I am grateful for my cool boss and my super cool colleagues. (Akhi all fingers at you :). Thank you for sharing me your lunch on the days I don’t bring mine and for always refilling the pickle container).
8. My New home with built-in washer and dryer– Who doesn’t love that, right? All I ever wanted in my apartment.
9. My habit of separating trash and plastic free lifestyle– We separate plastic, paper and other trash in my household. It’s a consistent effort we are trying to make to recycle and reduce trash. Thumbs up to my roomies for being equally eco-friendly. My main goal in 2017 was to lead a plastic-free lifestyle. Though I didn’t reach my goal 100% I am happy my house is almost plastic free. I am currently working on reducing plastic use outside of the house (expect a blog post on this in 2018).
10. Amazon Prime and Online shopping– I love a good sale and more than that I love when my packages get home before I get home from work the very next day or 2 :). Though I love a good cardio by walking in the mall and grocery stores but online shopping saves heck a lot of time.
11. My trigger for Workout– I am so thankful for finally finding the trigger(s) that made me love hitting the gym every day. For many people losing weight is the trigger for working out but for me, it’s the feeling I get after the workout, the blood flow, the sweat that makes my skin shine, the energy it gives me to work on my personal goals after coming back from work.
12. The feeling of deep peace I get every Saturday night– When I’ve all the outfits shoots done, dirty laundry cleaned, grocery shopping done, next week’s posts planned. I love sitting down relaxed, thinking what movie/show to binge on for the rest of the night and not worry about getting up early the next day.
13. Bullet Journal– I am a huge planner. I love to make a checklist of the things I want to achieve every morning. I feel accomplished when I tick them off by the end of the day. Thanks to my friend Akhi for introducing me to bullet journal. It made my daily planning easy and fun. Now, I have my fitness tracker, social media tracker, daily planner, blog post planner all in my new Leuchtturn journal.
14. For the biggest lesson, “you are on your own”– In the pursuit of your dreams, you are mostly on your own. Be prepared to face the problems yourselves and find ways to conquer them. Don’t leave it to others to solve it for you. Have your own plan and watch your back always. I have learned this important lesson this year. I may have the support I want but the person who has to deal with it is me and only me.
15. For the new experiences– My resolution for 2017 was to go on adventurous trips. I am so happy for experiencing tent camping for the first time this year. I loved it so much that I want to go on a camp trip every season (already planning one for Spring). Last week, I was in Vegas jumping from an 800 feet Stratosphere tower (Check my Insta highlights). It’s the bravest thing (after coloring my hair) I have done in my life so far.
16. My online Community– Last but not least I am thankful for my online family. Thank you for encouraging me to keep pushing my limits and challenge myself. Every message, email and comments I receive means the world to me. Thank you for following along and supporting me.
Lifestyle Blog Dreaming Loud Wearing Katespade cedar street mini maise in gold
Shop The Post
Books brother Skirt (wearing Size 4; on Sale; Last seen here) | Sweater (wearing PXS) | Sequin Pumps | Bow Belt (last seen here) | Kate Spade Bag (Similar here; last seen here) | similar Necklace
What are you grateful for in 2017?
Gratitude helps us to see what is there instead of what isn’t!
Thank you for stopping by!