Dressing feminine is a tough balance between pieces, fit, and accessories. A clothing item that is chic but fits odd can take away the sophisticated look. Similarly, a bow too big, ruffles too frilly or a necklace too shinny can look too gaudy.
However, focusing on few elements like-
1) color- neutral to pastels with hints of red
2) Fit- well-fitted dresses, pants, and structured coats and jackets.
3) Accessories- minimal and dainty necklace and earrings.
can make ladylike dressing powerful and easy.
But dressing ladylike doesn’t have to be uptight, outdated and old. Adding a touch of edginess with a leather pant or modern elements like a fringe bag can make your outfit fun and contemporary.
Tips to add edge / modern elements to a basic Ladylike outfit
1) Animal print- Leopard and snake print are my absolute favorite ways to add color and edginess to my outfit. Easy ways to add them to an outfit it through shoes, scarves, coats, and handbags.
2) Leather-Leather pants and jackets are a great way to look sophisticated and powerful. Wearing them with feminine tops or structured dresses makes keeps your outfit classy and ladylike.
3) Statement Jewelry- Do not overdo this. Add only one oversize jewelry piece to your outfit either necklace or earrings.
4) Sequin Shoes- This is my favorite way (after animal print) to spice up an everyday chic outfit. Sequin ballet flats are a must in my closet
5) Fancy Fabric-Tulle skirt and lace dresses are modern feminine details that you can incorporate into your outfit.
6) Fringe- I love the look of a fringe bag with a feminine minimal outfit. It adds a perfect dose of cool to your ensemble and not to forget the love for 70’s
Disclosure: As a dear reader I want you to know that dreaming loud uses affiliate links. This means that when you shop through my links, I may earn a small commission, which helps make this blog possible. Thank you for your support!
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.