With the leaves changing color and holidays fast approaching, many of you might be busy planning a couple/family photoshoot. A bunch of my followers on IG recently asked me to recommend some affordable fall clothing ideas for their upcoming photo shoot. I thought it might be helpful to write a little blog post for inspiration.
While the idea of a photoshoot sounds amazing, the task of planning perfectly coordinated Fall outfits for photos can be a bit daunting. So, to make the process easy for you, I put together 5 Affordable Fall outfits for a seasonal couple photoshoot. Some are dressy while some are casual. Depending on the mood and theme you are going for this year, I hope you will take away something from this post.
If you are planning a family shoot with kids, find kid clothes that are within the color family I mentioned in every outfit. I made sure to create Fall outfits with 3 or more colors so coordinating with more people will be fairly easy.
Questions to ask before choosing your couple outfits for Fall?
- Do you like your outfits to be completely matching or coordinated? For a coordinated look, incorporate more than 2 colors in your outfits. For matching outfits, you can stick with one color or 2. Tip– Make sure your creams, whites, grays, and other neutrals are a few shades off. If they are too close in color everyone will blend and your photo will lack depth.
- Do you like your pictures bright or moody? For bright pictures, incorporate lighter neutral like white, beige, light grey with a pop of color and pattern. For moody/dark pictures, you can go for earthy tones and darker neutrals like brown, dark grey, etc with a mix of pattern. Tip-Adding a little bit of pattern or texture creates contrast and adds dimension to your pictures, but avoid too much or too many patterns as they clash.
- Where are you planning to take your pictures and what do you want to capture? indoors- a classic family portrait, outdoor- capturing a fall activity or colors. When you decide the location and mood you are going for, picking outfits can get a bit easy.
- What colors does your partner like to wear? My husband doesn’t wear too much color, the most colorful shirt he owns is Burgundy so I tend to add color to my outfit and keep his neutral.
- How can you add a personal touch to your pictures? Jewelry, scarfs, hats, jackets, and anything you think define yours and your partner’s personal style.
Affordable Fall Clothing for a Couple Photoshoot
1. Dressed Up and Affordable Affordable Fall Outfits in Dark Green, Blue and Tan
2. Elevated and Affordable Fall Outfits in Burnt Orange, Crimson, and Tan
3. Semi-Formal and Affordable Fall Outfits in Burgundy, Grey, and Beige
4. Casual and Affordable Fall Outfits inTeal, Olive, and Navy
5. Casual Affordable Fall Outfits in Burgundy, Yellow, Tan, and Denim
6. Casual and Affordable Fall Outfits in Yellow, Tan, Blue, and Black
For more options, visit my shop page
Which of these fall clothing options do you like the most? Let me know in a comment below!