Khaki green is a new neutral pairing color this season. From the maxi dress to jackets to cargo pants, this color is trending in all major departments and why shouldn’t it be? when it blends beautifully with the fresh blooms of spring.
For some reason whenever I think of khaki/army green, I think of a chill out laid-back look with a basic tee and sneakers but you can obviously pair them in multiple ways by dressing up with a blazer or by making a statement with bold colors or by going all bohemian with chunky accessories. Whatever you are feeling in the mood for or whatever your style is, you can incorporate khaki green into your style. I am sharing 6 looks today that are classy, laid-back, chic and colorful. I hope you find some motivation to opt for some olive this season 🙂
Khaki/army green has a unisex and edgy vibe to it. I tried to add a feminine touch to all these outfits by picking pieces with feminine details or pairing them with chic colors and accessories.
Color Combinations– Khaki green is a neutral color hence it blends pretty well with most colors. Here are some combinations you can try
- Work– Stick with warm and neutral hues for work and business-like black, white, grey, oatmeal, Leopard print, navy, olive, and pink
- Casual– For Casual you can either go with neutral or Pastel colors like sky blue, emerald-green, denim blue, ruby, lavender, came print and pink
- Statement– For bold and colorful outfits go with orange/ coral, red, yellow, purple, sapphire blue, and fluorescent green
How To Wear Khaki – 6 Outfit Inspirations
1. Classy and Casual- Pair your army green pants with a chambray shirt or denim jacket
The rolled hem chinos, untuck tee and oversized denim jacket makes this look a little more laid back. The pop of yellow and oxfords shoes adds a feminine vibe.
I recently bought this long denim jacket for an amazing price ($24). I love how versatile it is. I will be sharing more chic outfits with it soon.
Outfit Details: Gap Chinos (wearing size small) | Jcrew Stripe Tee (wearing size small; on sale for $18) | Frye Oxfords (also like these 1,2) | Denim Jacket | Kate spade Bag | Bandana (wore it on wrist) | Ray Bans | Watch
2. Retro Mode- Channel the 90’s vibes my mixing khaki shirt with bootcut denim
Full Post HERE
3. Head to Toe- Experiment with a monochrome khaki look
Mix light and dark shades of army green for a monochrome statement look.
4. Work Friendly- Mix army green with sleek blacks and animal prints
For an office look, try mixing khaki green with neutral colors like black or grey and wear it with a structured fitted blazer in navy or white color. Incorporate animal textures like leopard or snake print for a luxe feel.
Full Post HERE
5. Casual Boho- Pair olive pants with flowy chic blouse or dress
These olive wide leg pants are a stylish version of pj’s, they are the comfiest thing in the world. Plus the color goes pretty well with anything.
I kept the look casual by not tucking in the shirt as I wanted a breezy and boho look but for a more structured look you can tuck in the blouse and add a waist belt.
6. Chic Athleisure- Pair khaki bomber jacket with a girly dress
Opt for khaki bomber jackets as an outwear choice for chilly days. This jackets easily adds a laid-back vibe so you can easily dress down any outfit with it.
Full Post HERE
Shop This How to Wear Khaki Post
Outfit#1: Gap Chinos (wearing the size small) | Jcrew Stripe Tee (wearing size small; on sale for $18) | Frye Oxfords (also like these 1,2) | Denim Jacket | Kate Spade Bag | Bandana (wore it on the wrist) | Ray Bans | Watch
Outift#3: Chinos | Olive Tank (also like this) | Old Navy denim jacket | Steve Madden Slip on’s | Coin Necklace | Ray bans | Marc Jacobs Bag
Outfit#5: Express wide leg pant (also like these) | Floral Blouse | Fringe Vest | similar Heels | Wicker Bag (also love these 1,2,3) | Hat | Sunglasses
Which outfit aligns with your style more?
Thank you for stopping by!