Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub and Oatmeal scrub are the best DIY homemade body scrubs I have ever used for both body and face. These are easy to make with a bunch of ingredients from your kitchen and costs 95% less than the cost of any available body scrub in the market. These Scrubs make a great handmade/ zero waste gift idea, and with Christmas a day away, you simply can’t go wrong giving this DIY lemon sugar scrub and Oatmeal Scrub as a last-minute hostess gift!
2 Easy DIY Homemade Body Scrubs Recipes
1. Lemon Sugar Homemade Body Scrub (Weekly Scrub)
This lemon sugar body scrub is perfect for scrubbing your hands or any other parts that need a good exfoliation (the sugar exfoliates and the coconut oil moisturizes). It will leave your skin silky smooth and feeling very refreshed. I love to use it post-workout or on weekends when I have some extra time. Add a few drops of peppermint/eucalyptus oil to soothe those sore muscles from the workout.
It is incredibly easy to adapt this recipe and come up with some amazing scrub creations. Feel free to play around with the type of sugar you use (brown sugar, cane sugar), the essential oils you scent it with, and the different carrier oils (almond, grapefruit, olive or argan oil) and other additives you can mix in.
Ingredients for your Lemon Sugar Body Scrub:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of Coldpressed Organic Coconut Oil
- 15-20 drops of Lemon Essential Oil or squeeze half a lemon
- 8 oz Mason jar
Instructions for your Lemon Sugar Body Scrub:
- Mix 2 drops lemon essential oil and coconut oil together. If you’re allergic to coconuts, you could substitute coconut oil for almond oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil, etc.
- Combine all the ingredients including the coconut oil mixture. Then, fill your container that has an airtight lid (Mason jar will be the best option) and store it away from direct sunlight.
How to Apply your Lemon Sugar Body Scrub:
- Apply to body, paying extra close attention to elbows, knees, feet, and hands (nail and cuticles esp), and rub in a circular motion for 3-5 minutes. Rinse, Enjoy the silky softness of your impossibly smooth skin
- When applied to the face, use a gentle circular motion and pay attention to breakout and acne-prone areas.
- This recipe is good to fill one regular size Mason jar (32 oz). Store it in the fridge or in your bathroom closet. You may want to use a plastic container If you are planning to put it on your bathtub
Benefits of these Ingredients
Lemon– A natural source of Vitamin C; an ingredient commonly used to lighten sun and age spots and even out skin tone; a natural astringent that tightens pores and brightens the complexion.
Sugar– A natural exfoliate; a natural source of Glycolic acid which evens out the skin tone, cleans pores and improves overall skin texture by removing dead, dull skin cells.
Coconut Oil– A natural moisturizer; made from 3 healthy fatty acids: Caprylic acid, Lauric acid, Capric acid that helps retain the moisture content of the skin leaving skin insanely smooth, delays aging, acts as a natural sunscreen by protecting skin from UV radiations, anti-microbial and anti-fungal.
2. Oatmeal Almond Homemade Body Scrub (Daily Scrub)
The Oatmeal almond scrub is best for everyday use as the mixture is a soft granular powder, so it will not be very tough on the skin to use it daily. This is a wonderful scrub/pack for skin lighting and improving skin tone.
Ingredients for your Oatmeal Exfoliating Body Scrub:
- 1 cup of organic oats
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds or 1 cup of almond flour
- Milk as needed (when applying)
- 8 oz Mason jar
Instructions for your Oatmeal Exfoliating Body Scrub:
- Take a handful of oats and put it aside.
- Blend almonds in a blender/ food processor until they are nearly ground then add oats (not the one you put aside) and blend well until the mixture is a soft granular powder. Then fill your container that has an airtight lid (Mason jar will be the best option).
- Mix the oats that you put aside.
How to Apply your Oatmeal Body Scrub:
- To use, take a sufficient amount of mixture for your face and body and add a few drops/ a tablespoon of milk needed to form a paste.
- Apply to body rubbing in circular motions for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse. Enjoy the refreshing and rejuvenating smooth skin.
- When applied to the face, leave the mixture for 5-6 minutes as a pack if you have time for more effective results.
Benefits of these Ingredients
Oats– A natural cleanser due to Saponins, that effectively absorb and remove the dirt and impurities from the skin surface, widely used/ known for lighting effects as well as improving the skin tone and texture. anti-inflammatory, effective in fighting dull and flaky dryness as it contains polysaccharides, which becomes gelatinous in water, helps in treating in acne.
Almonds– A natural source of Vitamin E, making it a strong antioxidant making it perfect for age prevention and keeps the free radical in check. It contains fatty acids that help to leaves skin moisturized and radiant.
Milk– A natural Source of Vitamin A that makes it a perfect skin moisturizer that nourishes deeper skin layers and provides conditioning and moisturizing from inside. The Vitamin D in it boosts Collagen products, slows down fine lines and wrinkles. protect skin from skin radicals that cause premature aging. Vitamin B6 helps in rejuvenating new skin cell formation. heals rough and uneven skin and helps in skin lightening.
Shop this Homemade Body Scrubs Post:
Loving these DIY Body Scrubs? Check out my other Homemade Recipes Here