While there is no wrong season for throwing on a blazer over your outfit, there is no time like fall to rock women’s blazers over sweaters. Lately, I have been gravitating towards blazers a lot, I love how they take a simple outfit to the next level without trying much. When done right, they can also add curves, or vice versa, make you look five pounds leaner. Keep reading to find out about the best women’s blazers for work!
Shop this Fall Work Look:
Blazers for women are easy to find, every brand whether it’s formal wear or casual wear, make at least one blazer. However, getting the perfect fit can be quite a challenge.
Here are a few tips that will help you find the best-fitted women’s blazers for work:
- Bust– Each side of your blazer must be able to go across half a breast. You should be able to button the blazer without pulling—but it should still keep its shape when worn open.
- Shoulder– The blazer shouldn’t be too tight around your shoulder, you should be able to raise your arms or move around comfortably. If you lean against the wall, your blazer shoulder pad and your natural shoulder should touch the wall at the same time. If the shoulder pad hits the wall first, it means the blazer is too big. If your shoulder hits the wall first, then your blazer is tight.
- Sleeves– The sleeves should hit mid-thumb when you lower your arms.
- Fit & length–
- For straight body shape– Opt for a blazer that cinches the waist to create a bit of curve in your silhouette in either mid or long length like this and this.
- For Pear body shape– Go for either cropped length or long straight cut blazers like this and this. The mid-length blazers will make your hips look bigger.
- For Apple shape body type– Lean towards lightweight blazers (thinner fabric) that will not add bulk and the blazer should hit below the hips or go for long blazers that cinch in slightly to create a defined waistline like this and this.
- For inverted triangle body shape- Avoid boyfriend or loosely fitted blazers that will add to your border shoulders, blazer like this and this will look good on this body shape.
Below are my 14 current favorite women’s blazers for work that range between $40-$140.
Top 14 Best Women’s Blazers for Work:
Neutral Blazers (left to right):
Printed Blazers (left to right):
Colorful Blazers (left to right):
Shop these Women’s Blazers for Work:
For today’s outfit, I went for a pink and mauve monochrome look and brought in some print with the shoes. A paper bag pant is a chic staple to add to your work wardrobe. The ruffled waistline on these pants are well balanced by the elongating effect of the pant legs and actually flatter the body. Plus it’s a compliment monger. I sized up one size to 6P.
Shop this Fall Work Look:
What are your thoughts on blazers? Share in a comment below!