1 whole month of loving you ❤
On 7th April we celebrated 1 month baby Vihaan with his Ammamma and Thathaiya (my parents). It’s been the quickest four weeks ever. Who would have thought staring at a newborn baby sleeping would make the time blur by instead of standstill? I hope time starts to slow down a bit and I get to sleep more (this mama can certainly dream :D)
Our 1 Month Baby Boy Vihaan
Stats and Highlights
- 8 pounds, 11.6 ounces
- 22 inches long
- Feeds 7 to 8 times a day (and more when he’s going through a growth spurt)
- Wakes up every 2-4 hours hungry which means I’ve been getting very little sleep
- The longest stretch of sleep at night: 4 hours
- Lost his umbilical cord stump in week 3
- Been giving him full baths in this baby tub that comes with an infant insert. Now that my mom is here, she has been giving him Indian style bath by placing him on her legs. He sleeps well post baths.
- Wears both NB and 0-3 months clothes.
- Expressed milk and some feeds are supplemented with formula
- Makes eye contact and follows moving objects-He likes to stare outside the window just like his furry brother Bagheera, his pack and play toys, and his mommy and daddy
- Likes to lift his head up when we burp him and kicks his legs a ton!
- Smiles occasionally! so far Thatha (grandpa) had the most luck making him smile. His task every day has been to get a smile from him 🙂
- Listens and responds to sounds.
- Sleeps in our room at night in the Halo Bassinest
- Loves his new Mamaroo
- A real sweetie pie with the squishiest cheeks
Dislikes and Struggles
- Hates diaper changes but has gotten slightly better since week1
- Enjoys warm water baths but hates oil massaging and soap.
- Not a fan of tummy time yet. We introduced it in the second week and haven’t been very consistent. Working on changing that this month.
Shop The Post
Is there anything else you want to know about having a 1 month baby? Let me know in a comment below!