I’ve been eyeing this floral kimono ever since I did my Nordstrom Anniversary sale favorites post and managed to get it before it sold out. If you are aren’t aware the Nordstrom Sale is ending tomorrow on August 8th. If you are still deciding on what to buy or haven’t press that buy button yet, now is the time to act fast. A lot of items are selling out fast like this Booties, Suede moto jacket, this Floral kimono, Wrap coat, Ridding boots, Black buckle boots, Jcrew Pant (love these), Black skirt that aisperfect for transitioning to Fall.
Kimonos are an easy piece to have but they can be tricky when it comes to wearing them more than one way. And if you are short, it could be more challenging to rock them without looking big.
General Pointers on Kimono Jackets
- Kimono’s are perfect for warmer weather as they are light and airy, but still, cover you up if you are chilly or just doesn’t like to wear bare shoulders.
- Kimono’s come in short, medium and long lengths. Shorter styles go well with body-con and fit and flare dresses while the medium and long lengths go well with maxi dresses, skinny/flare jeans, jumpsuits and shorts.
- For a lean and longer look, wear long kimono’s with skinny jeans or legging, long necklaces and stiletto heels.
- For a structured look, opt for defined collar kimono’s or belt them over a fit and flare dress.
- Kimono’s are an easy piece to rock a Bohemian/casual style, but they can also look sexy depending on how to wear them (see look 2).
- Open and boxy Kimono’s tends to slide off from shoulder and can be super annoying. To avoid that wear it over a sleeved tee.
Here are 3 ways to style a Floral Kimono from Casual to Dressy
1. Structured And Classy
2. Bold and Sexy
3. Casual and Chic