Banana Pancakes are baby-led weaning friendly breakfast or snack made with only 4 simple ingredients-Banana, egg, oats and fruit. The pancakes are soft, high in protein, fiber, and naturally sweetened. It’s perfect for 6 months and up babies.
Baby-led Weaning Banana Pancake Recipe
This amazing Baby-led weaning pancake recipe is one I’ve been making for Vihaan since he was around 8 months old. They’re delicious and nutritious for babies, kids and something whole family can enjoy for breakfast.
- I am using oat flour in the recipe- You can buy Bod red mills oat flour or simply grind oats to powder which is what i did.
- You can also use all-purpose flour, coconut flour, wheat flour or almond flour and use more than one flour.
- Spread peanut butter on the pancake if you baby like peanut butter
- Substitute blueberries with strawberries or peach or fruit of your choice.
- You can add chia seeds, hemp seeds or flaxseed meal to it for nutritional boost.
Banana Pancake Recipe
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oat flour/ blend oats to powder
- pinch cinnamon powder
- 5-6 mashed blueberries
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a medium bow, mash the banana until very smooth with few or no lumps.
- Add cinnamon, egg , flour and blueberries to it and mix until everything is combined.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat and coat with unsalted butter. Add a heaping tablespoon of the batter to the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sides are starting to become firm golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook the other side to golden brown.
- Once cool, serve the pancake to the baby. Let me them pick it up from the tray and enjoy it.
Shop this banana pancake recipe post