This Purple Hybrid Queen Mattress review is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Purple!
Finding a mattress itself is a tough task, finding a mattress for your elderly parents is even tougher. One of the most important things that you should consider, especially if your parents experience back, shoulder, hips, or neck pain is finding a supportive mattress, which may help reduce pain and allows them to sleep with fewer disturbances.
Purple Hybrid Queen Mattress Review
My parents tried 3 different mattresses and none of them was firm enough and provided good support for them. Based on YT and google reviews, we decided to try the Purple mattress. We went to the nearest Mattress store and had my dad try all the Purple Mattresses. I reached to the brand for a possible collaboration. Luckily they agreed, and here we are! I am not just saying nice things about the mattress because it’s a collaboration, we truly like it and now I want one for our bedroom as well!
Purple Grid/GelFlex Grid
The Purple mattress is different from typical bed-in-a-box mattresses since it does not use memory foam or latex foam as its top layer, instead Purple uses an innovative gel-like material that is super stretchy called Purple grid (the grid in purple color in the above video the GelFlex grid, you can see how it instantly springs back into place). The following is what makes the grid star of the show.
Pressure Reduction- The soft and cushioning grid column doesn’t let your body sink into the bed instead cradles your hips and shoulders while offering support to broad, evenly distributed weight.
Optimal Temperature– The Grid features 1,800 ventilation chambers for better airflow so the mattress is extremely breathable and the GelFlex material keeps the mattress cool so you don’t end up sweating 5 minutes into your sleep.
Instant Response- The Grid instantly shifts as you change your sleeping position. When you move, it moves, so you feel every inch of comfortable support and your sleep remains blissfully uninterrupted.
Difference Between Purple Original, Hybrid, and Hybrid Premier Models
Purple Original-The Purple Original had polyurethane foam and then a 2″ GelFlex Grid as the top layer. It doesn’t have the coils so the bed is much lighter.
Purple Hybrid and Purple Hybrid Premier– Purple Hybrid and Hybrid premier have the same basic construction. Each of the mattresses has GelFlex and a 7.5-inch coil system. It not only provides overall support, but also increases the longevity, airflow, and proper ergonomics while sleeping compared to Purple Original. The difference comes into play with the amount of Purple grid used in Hybrid and Hybrid premier models. The Purple hybrid mattress uses 2 inches of the Smart Comfort polymer grid to create an 11-inch mattress. While the new Purple Hybrid Premier 3 mattress pairs a 3-inch layer of polymer to create a 12-inch mattress. And lastly, the new Purple Hybrid Premier 4 uses a 4-inch layer to build a 13-inch Purple hybrid bed.
What My Parents Like About the Purple Hybrid Queen Mattress
- Firmness– Purple Hybrid is the firmest of the hybrid line. It offers a medium-firm feeling mattress. My Parents are used to sleeping on a firm mattress, this was close enough to the bed they usually sleep in back in India.
- Low height– Purple hybrid is 11 inches tall which makes it easy for my mom to get in and out of the bed compared to the other hybrid models.
- Better back support– Because of the firmness, there is lesser sinkage, better weight distribution for back sleepers, or someone who suffers from back or joint pain. Both my parents didn’t experience any kind of discomfort, they felt the mattress offered good support and was easy to switch positions without disturbing the other person. With Purple hybrid they didn’t have any adjustment period, they liked it from the first night.
- Soft– Firm mattresses tend to feel like a rock but the Purple hybrid is soft and extremely comfortable.
Things to Note About the Purple Hybrid Queen Mattress
- All Purple Hybrid models will have bounce, the hybrid 2 has the least bounce but for someone suffering from severe arthritis they might not find it very easy to get out of the bed. However, when they are sleeping position, the mattress offers the best support due to the grid.
- The Purple 3 & 4 are known to offer better support for dominant side and back sleepers, but if you are an occasional side/back sleeper Purple 2 will still do a good job.
Purple Hybrid Queen Mattress Delivery
The Purple Hybrid mattresses ships straight to your home for free with complimentary white glove delivery and free setup. Not only do they take care of all the heavy lifting, they even remove your old mattress – for FREE! But due to Covid, our mattress was left at the door.
I wish the complementary service was available since the Purple hybrid weighs between 77 and 148 pounds. We had to take the mattress up to the first level all by ourselves.
Additionally, all Purple mattresses come with a 100-night risk-free trial where you can test the bed to see if you absolutely love it. If you don’t, call Purple and they’ll come to pick up the mattress and will give you a full refund (within that trial period).
Purple Hybrid Pricing
- Hybrid Twin XL- $1699
- Hybrid Full-$1899
- Hybrid Queen- $2099
- Hybrid King=$2599
- Hybrid California King-$2599
- Hybrid Split King-$3398
Purple Hybrid Queen Mattress Installation
The installation was a breeze, took us only 15 mins to put it together. The Purple Hybrid Bed expanded quite quickly, the new mattress was ready to sleep on in no time at all.
Shop this Purple Hybrid Queen Mattress Review: