I am an over-packer but I also don’t prefer to check-in luggage because most domestic airlines charge for extra luggage and I personally like to challenge myself to travel light. The difference between people who travel carry-on only and those who don’t is necessarily what they pack but how they pack. This post shares my favorite travel essential packing cubes and how I use them to fit more in my carry-on luggage or backpack.
When it comes to packing, nobody particularly likes the process. It’s time-consuming, tedious and frustrating especially when you can’t fit everything into the suitcase. To top of that, you have the problem of finally arriving at your destination, opening your bag, only to find that nothing is in the place you originally packed them. Enter the packing cube: a simple fabric-and-mesh bag that tidily zips away your clutter.
What are the Benefits of Using Paravel Packing Cubes?
Ever since I have had my Nomatic backpack, which came with a small packing cube, I have seen how these little cubes of zippered goodness made my life less stressful. I can now find things when it’s time to rush from one activity to another on vacation. I think it’s safe to say my days of traveling without packing cubes are over.
- Organize Clothes and find things easily– Packing cubes will help you pack similar items together like drawers at home. You know what’s in them, so you can take out the relevant cube rather than rummaging around at the bottom of your suitcase.
- Keep clothes neat and minimize wrinkles– By filling the packing cube with either tightly rolled clothing or neatly folding them flat, you can keep your clothes wrinkle-free.
- Find things easier– When using packing cubes, you can pull that one specific cube out of your bag to get exactly what you need instead of flipping through piles of clothing in a suitcase.
- Maximize space– Packing cubes keep your clothes a bit more compresses, meaning you can carry an extra dress or shoes with you. Also due to the building-block shape of the cubes – they’re easy to stack and fit neatly into every available inch of your pack.
- Prevent Baggage explosion– First of all you can limit what you pack by choosing a cube for each category. Plus, it will prevent your clothes to fall out when your suitcase burst-opens doing the rounds on the luggage carousel.
- Store travel belongings– I use the small cube to usually store the things that I only use during traveling like my travel size toiletry. This way I don’t have to track down the items again for my next trip.
Shop my Fall Travel Look:
How to Use Paravel Packing Cubes
Compression bags are simple to use. You can roll your clothes or fold them or lay them flat inside the bag, close the zipper. By using packing cubes, you can compartmentalize your travel gear with each cube containing a different category of items. I use the bigger size to pack all my clothes and extra pair of shoes. The medium size bag fits all my loungewear, innerwear and gym wear while the smaller size which is my favorite fits all my toiletry.
Why are Paravel Packing Cubes the Best Packing Cubes for your Carry on Luggage?
Firstly, I am a huge fan of Paravel ever since I bought my most worn capsule bag from them. They make functional yet stylish travel accessories. The cubes are very well made, the zipper slides smoothly and of high quality. I love the fun colors they offer and the option to monogram. It’s my first monogram item with my new family name post-wedding <3. The Paravel Packing cube set comes in 3 sizes, which is a plus since most packing cubes only come in 2 sizes. It’s a great and affordable alternative to avoid plastic ziploc bags (wastage) that you are not long-lasting and durable. Plus, the Paravel packing cubes are TSA approved to store your cosmetics and toiletry.
My favorite thing is the view window, It makes it easy to quickly find what you need. The cubes also come in red, black and blue colors. Their bundle collection is a great way to save money and also the best travel gift idea for wanderlust lovers especially this foldable bag bundle (duffle bag, backpack, and makeup bag) that you can throw it in your carry-on as an extra bag for the trip home.
Shop my Travel Essentials: