This vegan chocolate fudge cake is the simplest recipe yet very tasty. You don’t need any fancy ingredients or experience in baking to make this. All you need is flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
Watch the video below with sound on. I didn’t plan on posting the video or recipe but when I shared a picture of the cake on my IG stories, I got a LOT of DM’s asking for the recipe. Here you go and pardon the low-quality images and the background distractions in the video. I didn’t want to wait until I make it again to take better pictures.
An ode to a Vegan Chocolate fudge cake
View this post on Instagram
(Sound on) An ode to the simplest Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake ever 🎶 . ✨ I didn’t plan on sharing the recipe hence the low-quality images and video. But when I shared a picture of the cake in my stories last night, I received a LOT of DM’s asking for the recipe. So I wrote a blog post immediately since I didn’t want to wait until I bake it next time to take better pictures. We put less baking powder than we suppose to, as a result, the cake didn’t raise that much but the measurements I shared in the blog post will help you achieve the best #veganchocolatefudgecake . Click the link in the bio for the recipe (or) copy this link into your browser-> bit.ly/VeganChoclateCakeRecipe . . #dlvegankitchen #veganrecipes #vegandessert #quaratinecooking
Here is the recipe..Print
Simple yet tasty. This cake doesn’t require eggs or butter or any fancy baking skills. Basic ingredients and the cookware you already own! This recipe might make you fall in love with baking 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida) / rice flour/ wheat flour (I used maida)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used this plant based cocoa)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 7 tbsp coconut oil (liquid or solid or 1/3 cup vegetable oil; I used this cold-pressed oil)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp baking soda (or 3 tsp baking powder)
- Pich of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of warm water
For Chocolate Fudge
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup icing or powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp of any nut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add the coconut oil, Vinegar and warm water and stir until lump-free using a spoon or whisker.
- Pour into a baking pan that is greased with coconut oil and bake it for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow it cool while you make the fudge
- In a frying pan, add coconut oil and milk, once the oil is melted, stir in sugar and cocoa powder and mix it until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the icing over the cake.
- Enjoy the cake with your evening chai or post-meal as a dessert.
If you have Vanilla extract, you can also add 1tsp of it to the cake.
Keywords: Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe, Vegan dessert recipe, Healthy dessert recipes
Have you tried vegan chocolate fudge cake before? Let me know in a comment below!