6 months of your sweet existence, six months of pure happiness, six months of making us parents. Happy 6 month birthday, buddi 💚.
My sweet boy 👦 when I first held you I knew nothing about raising a human. You taught me to be a mom. You smiled at me when I didn’t know what I was doing. You get excited when I silly dance around you. People say you grow up when you become a mom, I feel the opposite. I don’t care who is around, I just become a child around you ❤️ I love you so much, my sweet boy!
When I think of the past 6 months, I feel like I won a lottery with you. You have the best temperament. Being around people who love you makes you happy. There is nothing quite like kissing your cheeks and watching your eyes light up while you smile. Your personality comforts me and lets me enjoy every minute! Thank you for being the best baby!
6 Month Birthday Update
- You can now sit by yourself now.
- You roll over both ways like a champ.
- You like to do the plank, sorta down dog, and crawl backward. You move forward but it’s not typically crawling. You can push up into a tabletop position and then thrusts your body forward or you fold one fold and try to move forward with the other leg. You are almost there buddy, you look so cute trying to crawl.
- You like to sleep on your tummy or sleeping curled with the butt in the air.
- You can sleep through the night at times but mostly wake up once or twice a night.
- You respond to your name and you like to look at the person who is talking, you are a very attentive baby.
- You like avocado, strawberry, and carrot. You don’t like sweet potatoes so much.
- You are an Amma Kuchi (clingy to mom), you are fine playing and being with someone else until you see Amma, once you see her, you won’t stopping crying until Amma holds you.
- You like sticking your tongue out and lick everything.
- No teeth yet but love to chew on everything and have quite become a drooly monster, so I’m pretty sure they’re coming!
- You try to talk by making all sorts of baby noises, you test your vocal cords by raising your voice and then end up coughing. You love listening to devotional music with your Ammama (grandma) esp Hanuman Chalisa.
- You get excited by looking at books and flipping them.
- You love your evening walking in the stroller with me, Bagheera and Ammama.
- You don’t miss a chance to touch Bagheera and pull his fur.
- You started trying to stand.
Vihaan has really started to love being more present in his day-to-day too. He smiles, laughs, “talks,” responds, grabs things, feels, tries to stand, loves to sit, and just be around us. It’s a wonderful change, that’s for sure. So far, this has been my favorite age!
Shop The Post
- My Almost non-toxic baby registry with free printable
- Homemade black bindhi recipe for babies
- What to pack in the Hospital bag
- Postpartum belly Wraps
Have you ever celebrated a 6 month birthday? What are some fun milestones you’ve experienced lately? Let me know in a comment below!